Monday, December 7, 2009

Everything is April Fresh

A little over 3 hours ago, I got a different washing machine!  I wanted to say "new" washing machine but that would be a lie (unfortunately).  My landlord had another washing machine that the repairman swapped for mine.  The repairman didn't know what was wrong with it and may have to completely take it apart.  Oops.  The new-ish one seems a little smaller than my old one.  Not sure if my queen comforter can fit in it.  T_T

So I was a little late to work because I didn't want the repair dude in my house.  Alone.  With my cats.  I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before but just about everyone that has ever come to my house leaves the front door and my apartment door wide open.  Even in winter.  I don't understand this.  I don't think I have to worry too much about the cats getting out, though.  They are terribly traumatized every time someone not Mommy or Grandma is in their house.  Emme actually growls when someone knocks on the door.  Before fleeing in terror, of course.  Kisa just flees.  No warning growl just absolute terror.  But there's still that chance.

I was kinda upset that I had to be late to work.  I had the first part of work all planned out in my head.  We started giving treats out to the students for their birthdays and I had December so I made some Rudolph Cupcakes.  As a side note, I need to go to Cupcake Remedial School.  They were kinda scrawny looking cupcakes.  I'll try to post the picture later.  If I can figure it out.  So I had cupcakes to bring and I just got some ornaments for my tabletop tree to take to work.  I was going to to spend the first half hour decorating the tree and getting my desk ready for Christmas!  Well, the tree is up but I forgot the extension cord in my rush.  The cupcakes survived the trip to work until I had to shift into park and my elbow hit them and they kinda mushed a little but they looked okay.  And I forgot my new Trans-Siberian Orchestra cds. 

But I will not complain (too much)!  I now have a washing machine that doesn't try to do the hokey pokey and go through the wall!



Laters.

No comments: