Sunday, December 6, 2009

Confessions of a (non)Shopaholic

It may come as a surprise to some but I'm not a fan of shopping.  I don't hate it but I don't like it either.  I'm not a fan of the crowds of rude animals people that shove their carts into you or can't keep their spawn kids from using the store as a giant playground.  (Can you tell I'm not a fan of spawn kids?)

Anyhoo, despite the above fact, I spent 5 hours shopping on Saturday and it was awesome!  My mom and I went to Le Mars to finish up my Secret Santa shopping.  Can't say for who though!  Totally ruins the surprise.  We went to the Dollar Tree so I could get most of my Secret Santa presents.  That store was a total lifesaver!  It is very difficult to get four days worth of Secret Santa presents for only $20.  At least for me.  I have to go back there and pick up a few things.  Some of the presents I got for my Secret Santa person are really cool and I want one, too!

After that we went to Wal-Mart, conveniently located next door.  And that is where I totally died.  By the time we were done shopping, I wasn't sure I could feel my feet anymore.  Spent way too much money but I finished up the Secret Santa shopping.  And got a few things for me.  Of which I can only remember three things.  2 Trans-Siberian Orchestra Christmas CDs, a mulled cider candle (my absolute favorite!) and a drill bit set for the drill I got after Thanksgiving.

Then we went to Hardee's to get some sandwiches to take back to my mom's.  And some shakes.  'Cause Hardee's shakes are awesome.  Then we went to my mom's house and spent about 3 hours putting her tree up.  We finished around 10 pm. 

Then, we loaded up my mom and went to my house, took three trips to get everything in the house and collapsed in the living room.  We looked at the things I bought, sorted out the Secret Santa stuff and somehow four hours went by.  Don't ask me what we did.  I was pretty foggy by then.

Finally, we went to bed.  As an incentive for putting up her tree, my mom gave me one of my stocking stuffers to open.  I got a lighted magnifying tweezer thing which will probably see some action tonight and a sleep mask which I have totally fallen in love with.  The room darkening shade blocks out most of the light while I am asleep and the mask blocks out most of the rest.  Bliss.  All I need is ear plugs and I will totally have the best sleep ever.  Except for the fact that I won't hear my alarm.  Oops.


Laters.

No comments: