Friday, October 30, 2009

My Bank Account Is Crying Right Now.

I went to Wal-Mart after work to pick up a few eleventy million groceries, kitty litter, kitty food, my allergy medicine and a few stocking stuffers. I bought 20 items and ended up spending $90. $90!!!

It's a good thing I only got a tiny portion of my list. Otherwise I probably would have been looking at about $200+. Ouch.

So I'm a little worried about Christmas. I only have a few people to shop for (Thank God!) but I am not so good with the shopping. I always seem to gravitate toward the expensive stuff and can only afford a few things per person. The stocking stuffers (which were between a $1-$3 each) really added up apparently.

But! I started my Christmas shopping in October! October! I am so proud. I unfortunately take after my dad in the waiting until the last minute shopping strategy. Which is not of the good. So I was pretty darn tickled at that. Plus I have a few ideas for bigger presents. ^_^

In other news, Wal-Mart moved my allergy medicine. I had just run out yesterday and desperately needed to buy more. Oh, Alavert you are the bestest allergy medicine in the entire world. Anyways, I just about had a panic attack when I couldn't find it where it has always been. All of a sudden there were boxes of Benadryl and other assorted cold medicine taking up the whole aisle.

Obviously Wal-Mart believes that swine flu is more important than allergies.

I don't think so.

So I looked around and finally found a box of Alavert. Only it was in bubblegum. Ick. So started my second panic attack that I would be forced to a) buy bubblegum children's Alavert or b) buy nothing and suffer in my own personal snotty hell.

Again, I don't think so.

So I took another look and found the Alavert hiding in the decongestant medicine. Much rejoicing was had.

And then I was stalked by the floor waxer guy.

Seriously.

Everywhere I went, there he was. It started when I was in the makeup aisle, then he followed me to the toy section, then the kitty food/litter aisle and then he cornered me in the electronics. I escaped only to be once again cornered in the craft aisle. I took off for the grocery side of the store as fast as I could. It wouldn't have been so bad if he was cute. Or under 40. He almost caught me when I was going to the checkout but I made it.

And then my eyeballs popped out when the checkout lady told me how much everything was. I sniffed and swiped my debit card and shuffled out into the rain. Which was, as my co-worker explained to me, fog that rains on you.

When I got home, I a) proceeded to blame the cats for losing one of the stocking stuffers before finding it in the trash, b) got out my Alavert and proceeded to throw the pill away with some trash, walked out into the dining room looking for the pill and then slunk back into the bathroom to fish it out of the trash (still in the little casing, okay!) and c) did 20 gazillion dishes.

I am pooped and broke so I am going to bed. Hopefully Emme and Kisa have forgiven me.

Laters.

No comments: