Sunday, October 25, 2009

It Figures ...

 
that today would totally not be my day.

I've been up since 8am, actually at the grocery store by 9am to get the last of my groceries to make a nice Sunday supper.  So what happens?  They have three scraggly parsnips and only half gallon chocolate milks.  Plus they wanted $1.15 for Cream of Mushroom Soup.  I think I'll wait until closer to Thanksgiving when the price goes down, thank you very much. 

So I take my scraggly parsnips (and it always kills me that I have to tell the checkout kids what the vegetables are) and my pitiful half gallon of chocolate milk (which may or may not make it through today) and went home.  To my completely frozen roast.

Lest you think that I am a complete and total idiot, I did take out the stupid thing last night and put it in the fridge.  So it had been thawing for a good nine hours.  Apparently I should have taken it out three days ago.  So it is in the microwave defrosting.  Which it will still be doing a half hour from now because microwave defrosting and I are not friends.

Also, every single pot and pan that I need to make this supper is dirty.  Why did say I would do this?  Granted it's just my mom coming over, but still.  I think we would like to eat before the next century at least.

No comments: