Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Results Are In ...

I HAZ MONEEZ!


I did my taxes and am getting a nice fat check from the government.  Life is sweet.

I will be using the money to pay off two credit cards (about $800 total) and using the leftovers to to pick up some much needed items (such as JEANS which I have not bought since COLLEGE) and I am trying very hard to make sure that I am not frivolously throwing my money away. 

Sooo, I'm not getting the kitties spayed.  And no, I don't think that spaying my cats is a frivolous thing.  It's just too cold!  I kept telling myself that just as soon as I got my refund, off to the vet we would go.  But I didn't figure that we would be in the middle of the Year of the Blizzard(s) and have 50 gazillion tons of snow dumped on us.  So the kittos and I are going to wait until Spring to venture out, probably by boat after all this snow melts.  If, ya know, we actually have Spring this year.

Anyhoo, I'm trying to make up a master list of stuff I NEED.  And trying to justify it, of course.  (I have a weird vision of myself as Rebecca from Confessions of a Shopaholic when she is justifying buying gloves because SHE HAS HANDS!)



Laters.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Reading this article might make you feel a little better. Most women are just as good with money as men--if not better--we just lack confidence about it.