Tuesday, February 9, 2010

1001 Things Update

Here's a little update on some of the goals I'm trying to work on.


**Get Emme and Kisa spayed. Goodbye $175.  Debating on this.  I am hopeful that after my tax refund and subsequent repaying of two of my credit cards there will be enough left over to get the girls spayed.  Or buy me a freezer.  Decisions, decisions.

**Wash face everyday for a month.  Doing pretty good on this one.  If you don't count weekends.  I'm lucky if I can drag myself from bed to the couch.

**Save $1000-1500  Hoping that this is one is a little closer in the making.  After paying off my two credit cards, I should have about $100 more in my budget, of which $50/month is going straight into a piggy bank.

**Pay off 2 credit cards  As mentioned above, I am using my tax return to pay off my credit cards (Thank you, Jesus!  Amen.).  My first return I ... did something with(?) the second I bought a bed, the next a car so now I'm working on debt.  Really fun.  Can't I buy another bed.  Or something?

**Pay off smallest student loan  The other $50 (or maybe $25) is going on to my smallest student loan.  Only $950 left!  Whoohoo!  We will not mention my other student loan.  Unless you want to see me weep bitter, bitter tears of hate.

**Put up blind in guest bedroom  The blind has been in the bedroom for 6 months now.  Why is it so difficult to actually ATTACH it to the wall?  Why?

**Meal plan every week for a month. 
I've stuck to my meal plan so far.  Granted it's only nine days in but hey, February is a short month, right?  I get points for that.

**Lose 25 pounds  Okay, that number may be slightly high.  I would settle for 2.5 pounds right now.

**Cut cable package to internet only 
I have a phobia of calling my cable provider.  I always sound like an idiot and no one can understand what I'm trying to explain.  I mean, I use technical terms and everything like ya know, the green light thingy is blinking or the green light thingy isn't green anymore but orange or maybe yellow?

**Buy a freezer  I have wanted to buy a freezer for a long time.  Especially since my grocery store has been having great deals on their meat that I cannot participate in because my freezer is full.  'Cause it's dinky.  And mean.

**Learn how to bake bread  There is a possibility this will be attempted on Friday.  Stay tuned for further announcement.  Also, be afraid.  Very afraid.

**Decide on keeping desk or not  Probably leaning toward yes.  Right now it is holding my almost-as-old-as-I-am TV which is allowing me to watch Poirot before bed.  We do not mess with the Poirot watching.

**Start exercising 
Umm, yeah.  No comment.

**Organize recipes  This will take me five hundred years.  But five hundred years from now I will be the most organized cook in the world.  Also, very old.

**Catch up on tv series  Right now, I'm through Season 1 of Torchwood, about halfway through Season 2 and dragging my heels for Children of Earth.  I'm not sure I can watch.  Also, watching Poirot and slugging through my Netflix queue (which I can watch on my new Blu-ray player!) of which there are 358 movies and/or tv series to get through.  Where's another blizzard when you need one?



Laters

No comments: