Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Project Skinny Day #1

In an effort to lose some much needed poundage, I have been trolling YouTube for fitness/diet/healthy eating videos.  I made many notes of things to try and decided that this day, August 3, 2010, would be the beginning of Project Skinny.

During my Pre-Project Preperations, I decided to try just a few things.  I bought some water, cashews, dry-roasted peanuts, Cran-apple flavor sticks for the water ('cause plain water = ick), green tea sticks, a small vanilla soy milk and some orange sherbet push up pops.

The orange sherbet is delish by the way.  ^_^

Day One however, is not going as planned. 

I dragged myself in to work at 11am accompanied with a few of my new healthy items.  I brought a serving size of cashews, two waters, a green tea stick and a half bottle of lemonade just in case.  Oh, and a piece of leftover pizza for lunch.

What?  Rome wasn't built in a day, ya know.

So I scarfed down my cashews first thing and then I tried the green tea.  All the YouTubers had agreed that it was the best thing ever and soooo good for you and soooo delicious.

Y'all, I don't know what they were drinking but it sure wasn't what I was.

Let me break it down for you.

You take a bottle of water, take a few sips and then pour a packet of the green tea into it.  My first reaction was that well, shouldn't the powder be green instead of a weird taupey color?  Then I shook and shook and shook that bottle of water to dissolve the tea and ended up with a bottle whose color was now, in my opinion, pee.

Yum.

So I braved a taste of it.

I am not sure there are words to describe it.  It sorta tasted like honey and lemon and some unidentified flavor that I am not very sure of except ick.

I've drunk about half of the bottle and it has perhaps gotten a teensy tiny bit drinkable. 

But it is definitely going on the No list.


Laters.

No comments: