Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Movie Review: Friday the 13th (2009)

*Spoilers!!*





Okay, I'll be honest.  The only reason I really wanted to watch this movie was because Jared Padalecki was in it.  I was disappointed with Jensen Ackles in "My Bloody Valentine" so I was hoping that this would be better.

Well, only slightly since Jared managed to not be the bad guy.  A fact that was worrying me as 25 minutes into the show, everyone but Whitney was dead and there was no sign of Jared. 

Uh, excuse me, Jason?  Aren't you killing everyone off a little too soon?
P.S.  Jason?  Please don't be Jared.

Anyways, it was a typical slasher fic complete with naked girls having sex (not with each other, surprisingly) and guys getting drunk, high or both. 

The dialogue was cheesy (You've got perfect nipple placement).  Honestly, who says that?

It was gory, I'll give it that, but not anything extraordinary.  I would have preferred a little more back story (although most know the story) and there honestly was little to no plot beyond Clay trying to find his sister and Jason killing anyone he set his eyes on. 

I have to say, I was a little surprised that Jenna bit the dust (btw, if I had been Jenna, Trent would have been dead waaaay before Jason made his appearance.  Just sayin'  Also, was Jenna his girlfriend or Bree?  'Cause if it was Jenna and he was doing Bree?  Bastard.).  I was expecting Whitney to get killed just as soon as Clay found her.  But with the way it ended, it's possible no one made it.

All in all, I give it 2 stars.


Laters.


My rating system:

0 stars - Worst movie ever made.
1 star - I've definitely seen better
2 stars - It's okay but once is enough for me.
3 stars - I'll watch it again.
4 stars - I'll buy it.
5 stars - Not only will I buy it but I'll watch it every day!

No comments: