Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Money in the Bank?

I've been reading a lot of blogs lately about saving money and all that jazz.  From my research, I have concluded that I a) need to move to a big city so I can shop the "good" grocery stores (Kroger's?  Trader Joe's?  What are these strange places?) and b) marry a millionaire.  Stat.

While the above two are mostly unattainable (I'm still waiting for a single, rich Canadian man to sweep me off my feet because I am oddly attracted to Canadian men though usually they are married, rich Canadian men) I feel I can still save money in a few ways.  Namely by not balancing my checkbook.

Please reread that last sentence.  It does not make sense to me either.  And yet it somehow works. 

I will be honest and say that tonight was the first night that I had balanced my checkbook since Bush was still president.  Let me reiterate.  BUSH was still president.  Sure, I checked my balance now and again, generally on pay day but not once did I get out my register and start tallying anything up.  So now, only a month and some odd days to Christmas, just when I think that maybe we won't have a Christmas this year because I'm broke, having paid some mighty big unexpected expenses (that were ahem, my fault!) I balanced my checkbook and found out that I have $483.72 in the bank.

Hallelujah, praise Jesus, amen.

No comments: